- The Supreme Court to hear plea seeking protection of Human Rights of security force personnel who come under attack by mobs while performing their duties in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Click to Read – NDTV News
- On his two-day visit to India, Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announces the release of 850 Indian prisoners lodged in Saudi jails and increase in quota for Indian Haj pilgrims to 2, 00,000.
Click to Read – Economics Times
- Supreme Court orders the eviction of over 1.1 million tribal and other traditional forest dwellers, inviting widespread criticism from Human Rights organisations across the world who are describing this situation as a state of ‘urgent humanitarian crisis’ .
Click to Read – Telegraph News
- Renowned International Human Rights barrister from London’s Matrix chambers Philippe Sands QC branded the decision of British Foreign Ministry to strip Shamima Begum of her English citizenship as “completely incompetent” and unlawful.
Click to Read – UK News
- Per the Global Gender gap report of World Economic Forum Philippines leads Asia and ranks 8th worldwide in Gender Equality in varied disciplines including economic participation and opportunity, education, health and survival and political empowerment.
Click to Read – The Hindu
- Per a report by Israeli Professor Nadera Shalhoub, Israeli Pharmaceutical Firms test medicines and weapons on Palestinian and Arab prisoners before introducing them in the market; causing grave violation of Palestinian Rights and International Human Rights.
Click to Read – Arab News
- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres denounces a “groundswell of xenophobia, racism and intolerance” and expresses deep concern over the fact that concerns of Human Rights is fast losing ground in the world.
Click to Read – US News
- UN rights chief ‘deeply concerned’ over increasing criminalization of dissenters in Nicaraguan hindering a conducive environment for “genuine and inclusive dialogue.
Click to Read – UN News
- Tensions escalate in Venezuela as “the excessive use of force by the Venezuelan security forces and the involvement of pro-government elements”; have resulted in at least four confirmed deaths and more than 300 injuries; per the report of UN Human Rights office (OHCHR).
Click to Read – UN News
- Key Human Right issues including gender equality, marginalization of indigenous languages, migration, refugee crisis, the lives of domestic workers and poverty which is at the heart of the United Nation’s work, also formed the front and centre of the Oscar Ceremony this year.
Click to read- UN News
COLLATED BY: MS. SHRUTI SHREYA, STUDENT SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL, NOIDA