- With more than 100 children dying in Muzaffarpur due to encephalitis, this district in Bihar is a nightmare for children and fares poorer than most African countries when it comes to mother-child nutrition.
- Commemorating 20 years of the Kargil War, the Indian Air Force turns the Gwalior airbase virtually into a conflict theatre, with a dramatic reenactment of some of the milestones of the operation in 1999.
3. Repeated chants of ‘Jai Shri Ram’, ‘Allahu Akbar’ and ‘Jai Maa Kali’ disrupt the oath-taking ceremony of the newly elected MPs at the commencement of the 17th Lok Sabha on June 18th, 2019.
- With the objective of ending the sufferings of the Venezuelan citizens, the United Nations’ top Human Rights official meet separately in Caracas with Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido and President Nicolas Maduro, who are locked in a prolonged struggle over control of the crisis-wracked country.
- Per the report of Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (IHREC), there is “systemic discrimination” in the Irish rental market against people in receipt of housing welfare payments.
- Per the report of Human Rights Watch, governments in the American and European continents should impose targeted sanctions against top Nicaraguan authorities implicated in egregious abuses and explore avenues to press for accountability.
- The N. Human Rights chief calls for the repatriation of thousands of relatives of former foreign fighters in the state of Iraq, insisting that children, in particular, have suffered “grievous violations” of their rights.
- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemns the assassination of the chief of staff of the Ethiopian army and killing of a regional governor in what the Government has described as a regional coup attempt.
- Per the report of UNICEF, more than 80 percent of schools in the English-speaking North-West and South-West regions of Cameroon are closed, as the security situation and living conditions continue to deteriorate due to the three-year conflict between the Government and armed groups.
- The United Nations Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Syria Crisis condemns the acts of violence against civilians, humanitarian workers, and civilian infrastructure in Idlib referring to it as “deplorable”.