Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Contego Humanitas Human Rights Blog.
Please read the Contego Humanitas Blog guidelines before submitting a proposed blog to us.
The Contego Humanitas Blog aims to promote dialogue between human rights researchers, practitioners and policy-makers from around the world. We welcome original contributions which provide quality legal analysis of recent human rights law developments across the globe, including case law, current litigation, legislation, policy-making and activism. Submissions from non-legal perspective are also accepted as long as they indulge in a human rights analysis.
Contributions should be accessible to readers from outside your country and, wherever possible, should connect local issues to global concerns.
WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE?
The Contego Humanitas Human Rights Blog prides itself on being an egalitarian space. We welcome submissions from students, early career researchers, policy-makers, senior academics, lawyers and members of civil society organisations. However, we only publish blogs that are of quality and that comply with the Style Rules set out on this page.
GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
- Posts must be between 500-700 words in length. Posts which are longer than 700 words (for legitimate reasons) will be considered for publication subject to quality of the content.
- Posts must include hyperlinks to relevant legal sources and background information, including any judgments, laws, treaties or other legal texts which are mentioned. Hyperlinks must link only to legal or respected news sources. The editors shall make the final decision over what constitutes a respectable source. Please do not use footnotes, as our software cannot accommodate them.
- Posts should be clear and concise, leaving out excessive jargon and verbiage. Posts which are submitted must be fully proofread and must conform to good academic style.
- Posts should have informative titles from which a reader can tell what the post is about.
- As we have a global readership, posts should provide relevant background information to make them accessible to readers from outside your country.
- Posts should reflect original, unpublished work.
- Cross-posting or publication on other platforms is permissible only with the permission of the Editors of the Contego Humanitas Blog; and
- Articles that have been posted on other blogs can be reposted on Contego Humanitas subject to the quality of the content.
We thank our contributors in advance for sticking to these guidelines, which help us maintain our standards and ensure the blog is a space where authors can get their ideas out to a wide audience.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
If you would like to contribute to the blog, we’d be thrilled to receive your submission. Please email it to email@example.com and include in the subject line your blog title and your name. If you would like your blog piece to include a photo and a short biography, please include this information in your submission email.
The editors will not approve posts in advance of seeing the text. Please do not send abstracts, as we will not be able to tell from an abstract whether your post complies with the Style Rules and meets the blog’s requirements. If you are unsure whether a topic is suitable for the blog, please email us on the address above. An indication that a topic may be suitable does not amount to advance the acceptance of the post.
Once you have submitted your draft post, the Editors will be in touch. We endeavour to respond quickly to Blog submissions and you can anticipate a response within 24-48 hours.
- If the Editors don’t find your post up to mark they will provide you with a brief feedback.
- If the Editors consider that your post has potential to be published, but is not currently up to the mark, then we will send back your work with editorial suggestions in tracked changes. This does not amount to acceptance of the post, and the Editorial Team may decide, upon seeing revisions, whether the submission is suitable for publication on the Blog.
- If the post is accepted for publication, there may be, for the reasons set out above, a delay between acceptance and publication. We aim to minimise this where a post covers a very recent or urgent issue. However, please be aware that the proliferation of human rights developments around the world makes it hard to give a firm deadline for when posts will be published. We will always work with authors to try to comply with any specific timing requirements.
The Editors may, in their absolute discretion, waive any of the above rules or amend this process.
DIALOGUE AND PROMOTION
The Blog aims to stimulate dialogue and debate, so once your post is published please keep an eye out for comments and enter into the discussion. We are keen to publish blogs on human rights on National (India), International and even regional issues. To expand your readership, we also encourage you to share your post with friends and colleagues through email and social media sites.
By submitting a post to the blog, the Contributor guarantees that the post is a product of their work and is unpublished. Contributors also permit the Contego Humanitas Human Rights Hub to use their post, with full attribution but without further consent, on a non-commercial basis in online and offline publications.
We look forward to receiving your contribution!
The Contego Humanitas Editorial Team.